Friday, May 25, 2007

Looks like we're in for a soggy Memorial Day Weekend!



The picture I'm adding to this blog has nothing to do with Memorial Day weekend or anything soggy. It was taken in fall 2004, the most wonderful time in my life when i was cavorting around Italy. you can tell from the fleur-di-lys on the crown I'm wearing that I was in Florence, the most wonderful city around!

Anway, back to reality. In Texas, the land of sunshine and triple digit heat one would expect a sunny and delightful Memorial Day weekend (esp. being at the end of May). Sorry folks, not this three day weekend. I still have hopeful plans of making a trip to Barton Springs (a huge natural springs in downtown Austin) and making another trip to a Farmer's Market in South Austin. We'll see if any of these pan out. We may just have to give in to the fact that this weekend will be an indoors weekend.

That's ok, Alex and the family really want to go see Spiderman 3 and I fully intend on starting my dyptic painting that I've been putting off for the past three weeks. I'm thinking I'll make a Georgia O'Keefe-esque painting of whimsical, pastel flowers.

I'm throwing a question out into the universe.....does anyone stress out more than I do? I have a great ability to hide my stress but on the inside I'm on the brink of exploding sometimes. And the worst part is is that I've gotten better with dealing with it and this is still how I react.....I need to realize and engrain in my brain that I can't always please everyone and as long as I'm doing my best that's all that counts (at least that's what my mom always told me, i love her).

2 comments:

erin said...

Hi Eryn! I love the spelling of your name - so funny how similar. Congrats on your engagement...we'll be in Florence when you get married!

..and oh yes, I stress out so much sometimes that I wake up EVERY night about 3am for about an hour. Especially with us getting everything ready for our move!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

When I'm stressed I just think about the Caribbean or Italy and it helps.

Well, not really, because then I get a little depressed because I'm stuck in L.A. :)