Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's the first day of spring...

...and Austin and the seasons are on the same page! Just a few days ago the trees that had lost their leaves during the winter months (if you can even call it winter) started to get their new light green, springtime leaves :-) This is my favorite time of year for looking across the hill country and seeing the speckled landscape. The cedar trees still remain their constant shade of dark green while the new ones are brand new "springtime green." The drive to work has become a bit more scenic and everything looks just so much more colorful....aww spring. However, in about 2 weeks the pollen will begin to form like crazy on all cedar trees and have this girl coughing up a storm. Late March/early April is when I develop my man cough as Alex calls it.

I also realized that next month this time we will just be arriving somewhere special! This weekend I want to go buy some new rollaway carryon bags...I'm sure Alex will insist that his trusty black duffle bag will do the trick...but I insist on the rollaway feature!

1 comment:

Alec said...

Just remind A-Town of the 85 mile Helen-like hike/run through the Frankfurt airport - and also that it's been a long time since his Helen days of training... then he might go for the roll-away.