Sunday, February 3, 2008
Nutella Trifle for World Nutella Day 2008
So last year I was astounded to see that there was actually a day set aside to celebrate one of my most favorite things...NUTELLA! Those who know me even a little bit know that I have a problem when it comes to Nutella. It's my version of crack and I yearn for it. When purchased it has a shelf life no longer than 48 hours and is consumed on nothing more usually than a spoon...with an ice cold glass of milk waiting by! When I have the will power to actually cook with it Trifles are usually made in the trifle dish my Nannie sent me :-)
You can see other blogger's experiments with the sultry chocolate spread here or here! To visit the official World Nutella Day 2008 site go here!
Now for my own creation with NUTELLA! I've made a Nutella Trifle....it is divine! Try out the recipe and see how you like!
a box mix of Yellow Cake (I used Betty Crocker)
2 tsp of vanilla
1/4 C sugar
Instant vanilla pudding
3 C milk
fresh fruit (I used raspberries....also try bananas, blueberries, or strawberries.......even blackberries)
Now time to get cooking.
1) start out by baking your Yellow Cake in a 350 degree oven (also prepare for the cake ingredients: usually eggs and vegetable oil, whatever the box calls for)
2) Prep your Trifle layers, beat whipping cream, vanilla, and sugar in a bowl with whisk until cream forms peaks
3) prepare your vanilla pudding (be prepared for the ingredients the pudding calls for, usually 2-3 C of milk) beat your pudding for 2-3 minutes with whisk and refrigerate until Trifle is ready to be assembled
4) once cake is done cut into small slices
5) take your trifle dish and line the bottom with the cake slices
6) top cake slices with the vanilla pudding (just enough to cover it)
7) top vanilla pudding with whipped cream
8) microwave/heat up jar of NUTELLA slightly and drizzle over the whipped cream
9) sprinkle a handful of rinsed raspberries over the NUTELLA
10) repeat steps until the Trifle dish is filled to the top!!!!
and there you have it! If you would like to be included in World Nutella Day start thinking up a NUTELLA recipe of your own and send to nutelladay [at] nutelladay [dot] com by February 4th!