Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Engaged and getting married in Italy

Since I haven't made a post in God knows how long I felt it necessary to update on the very big changes in my life. Alex proposed to me on April 6 (my 23rd bday) on top of Mt. Bonnell (the highest point in Austin). He then whisked me away for a romantic weekend in San Antonio where we dined out at very very chic restaurants, stayed in the ultra posh Hotel Valencia, spent a morning at the Watermark spa, and went to a crazy burlesque show. It was perfect.

And now to make things even more perfect we've decided to get married in the country and city where it all began, Florence, Italy!!! We started dating there when we were both studying abroad in the Fall of 2004. It was definitely the most fantastic and adventurous time of both our lives. Ever since I left my heart aches to return and would love love love to live there one day!

Our wedding will be in late April (the day is still to be decided). I'm thinking it will probably by April 24th, 2008 but I still can't make any promises. Our wedding coordinator's name is Helga (I picture her to be a 50 something Dutch woman who walks around with a flour dusted rolling pin sticking out of her oversized handbag). I know I know.....stereotypes, but one can't help it most times.

We've decided to take the route of renting an apartment in the city center the week of the wedding. It's just so much more cost effective than getting a hotel!!! We've contacted three owners already in Florence and they've all repsonded within 12 hours. Wow, didn't expect promptness from Italians! Shows how much I know :-) After the wedding we are so excited to spend our remaining time in our favorite city and then tour parts of Italy we've never seen before. Such as the entire Amalfi coastline (including Pompeii), possibly Sardinia or Elba, a few Tuscan towns like Siena or Assisi or even San Gimignano.

All in all we're both incredibly excited as are all the people who are planning on coming!!!!!

VIVA ITALIANA, I can't wait to finally return!!!

No comments: