Well, this is all for you Alec bambina! I enjoyed reading your top list of stuff you have to do upon returning to Firenze and I was going to comment but just thought I'd comment on each of your ideas individually!
(i just tossed my blue corn tortilla chips away from my laptop in hopes that i'll be too lazy to get them and thus, not eat them)
(1) SGM.....all day everyday.
well yes this would be appropriate esp. bc he's on my mind all day everyday but only after i'm done thinking of you. I remember SGM not saying anything.....EVER, I don't once remember him opening up his mouth. What if we went and started asking him questions, would he stare blankly or would he sing his response.......like a baratone from lucca. he would start singing a dramatic song about cookies, kinder, and perhaps amarena.
(2) and definitely marble bar me up, I can predict that after day one in Italia I'll have had one too many caffeine jolts and may start shaking.......hugs help, as do rides on brightly (fruit) colored vespas....but only if i'm squeezed in next to a blonde ragazza from RI.
(3) I've been inside the Duomo.....twice. Once for Sunday mass and once for a trek up to the cupola with Helen's early Ren class.....btw on the second trip to the cupola I ran into a plate glass wall on the way down. Cecily was the only one who saw and sympathized with me.....the next day I went shopping past the Bufa and surprisingly past La Standa and did the same thing. only that time i was by myself and the store shop owner was horrified......I believe my reaction was (1) immense embarassment and (2) i babbled "i'm ok, i'm ok" and walked out quickly with my head down.
--however, i'd love to go to the Duomo again, the other atown hasn't been either, mostly bc the day we decided to go see Firenze churches I talked him into going to Santa Croce instead.....tee hee, I didn't want to go inside the duommmm for a third time. with my luck i would walk in and all doors would be made of glass.......but i wouldn't see them, there'd just be a sign that said "glass doors, beware."
(4) Crashing SACI.
--now this is tricky, there is no place in Firenze I'd rather be but SACI, but I fear I may walk in and unleash the floodgates. And I'll want to stay and perhaps sit in on a Helen lecture....btw, I almost peed when you said you'd run past her saying "whatever" it probably wouldn't even phase her. nay it would prompt her to run five miles through the Tuscan hills (i imagine her to go running in Roman togas, with leather sandals and a spear)
--I would probably wander the halls of SACI only uttering "Romeo???" so hopefully.....and then once I saw him I'd leap into his arms....only then would I realize he's a slight Italian man who weighs approx. 132 lbs. but he'd pat my head anyway and say, "Cara Eryn, sweet girl, Brava........BRAVA!"
and that would be all it took for me to enroll for another scholastic year at SACI
*ok here is where I break off and create my own list.
(5) Pick pocket a gypsy, I'll hit up all the touristy spots, esp. the outside of the Duomm, I'll buy a McDonalds drink and carry the cup along with an angelic picture of Saci (the pup, not the school) and just when they start getting curious.....I'll grab a 1 cent Euro piece from their styrofoam cup....then I'll run to a fountain, make a wish that I don't go straight to hell and toss it in.
(6) Make a trip to Casa del Formaggio and buy one of this famous paninos. This place was directly across the street from the SAC, yet I never went. Mostly bc I loved Angelo from Angelo's. And the one time I walked into the "Casa" the stench of mold made me promptly leave.....so pack the gas mask atown.......we're going in.
(7) Have a successfuly train trip......"Frantic Eryn" is not invited. What is it about train travel in Italy, or Europe for that matter? Everytime I went I would make damn sure I was at the right platform and everytime I would end up running "frantically!" to another train that was slowly pulling away already.....or get on the wrong train and not even notice, need we mention our cinque terre nightmare?
well the boss just walked back in and i have to say "ciao"
i can't wait 'til firenze time and will continue to update the "list" of what I have to do while there.......